Thursday, October 14, 2010

Early Morning Conversations Chapter 30

This one is much shorter than usual. Thanks to Elizabeth for the idea, and hopefully I will be able to start updating this more regularly here in the near future.


Mel's Pov

I woke up early the next morning to movement beside me. I looked at the clock and saw that it was only five o'clock in the morning, much to early for either of us to be awake. I looked over at Jordan and saw that he was sitting up looking at something small that he was holding in his hand.
" Hey what are you doing up this early? Don't you have an early practice today."
He looked at me and smiled sheepishly.
" I do but I couldn't sleep. I didn't mean to wake you up."
 " That's alright." I said as I sat up and stretched.
" What is that in your hand?" I asked as I turned towards him
" I bought this when I came to Pittsburgh. I had planned on giving it to you when you moved down here but that didn't happen I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it after we broke up. I guess a part of me always hoped that there would be a chance for me to make things right and now I have it and I don't want to let it get away from me again."
In my sleep induced haze I couldn't figure out what he was talking about and the confusion must have shown on my face because he took my hand and set a small square box into it. I took it and it suddenly dawned on me that it was a box that looked like it might contain a ring. I opened it up and saw a silver band with a small diamond.
" I know that this isn't probably the most romantic way to do this but I can't imagine my life without you in it. Will you marry me?"
I was so shocked that I didn't respond right away and he took it the wrong way.
" Look I know that it's kind of sudden but we don't have to rush it. I know that....
I leaned over and gave him a kiss to shut him up
"" There is nothing that I would love more than to marry you." I replied and he grinned so hard that it had to have hurt. He took the ring box out of my hand and took it out and slipped it onto my ring finger. I looked at it for a few seconds before looking up at him
" I know that it's kind of small and if you want I can get you something bigger." he said as he held onto my hand
" No this is perfect." I said and I meant it with all my heart " There's only one problem though." I said
" What's that?"
" I don't want to wait"
" don't you want to have a big wedding? Isn't that what every girl dreams off?"
I shrugged my shoulders.
" Yeah in the past that's what I envisoned but we have wasted so much time that I don't want to wait. I mean if that's alright with you that is."
He smiled that smile that I had fallen in love with so long ago and I knew that it was okay with him.
" Well then we'll have to start figuring out what we need to do then."
He pushed me back into the pillows and started to kiss me.
" I love you." he whispered into my ear
" I love you too."
 I felt like my life was finally getting back to normal and I couldn't wait to start the next chapter of it as soon as possible.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww I'm so happy you took me up on my idea. I can't wait to see what they do for their wedding! Shotgun Vegas style ;), small family affair, will they just go to a town hall or something, will they go back to Thunderbay. I know she said she didn't want to wait but there are still so many different ways it could go.
    I'm happy you're posting again and that you seem to have internet. If you ever need more inspiration don't hesitate to ask, or if you just want to talk about things...
    I'm so happy for them! This update totally brought a smile to my face =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are back to updating this story! Love it!

    ReplyDelete